Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Updates from King of Birds

Hello people! Firstly, I would like to apologize for not keeping you guys updated. I got too carried away by some problems a few weeks ago and I was terribly homesick. But anyway, I just returned from a 10-day camp (called Outward Bound School Malaysia, OBS in short) in Lumut and Pulau Pangkor. Honestly, it was hell at the beginning. During my expedition, I had to jungle trek for more than 12 hours, conquering 3 summits in Pangkor Island. The hill was so steep (more than 45 degrees!) and everyone had to carry a bagpack of their own which was pretty heavy. And there was a point when i accidentally grab a tree branch full of thorns and i was like "F*CKKKKKKKKK!". Hahaha seriously I kept swearing like mad throughout the jungle.

Besides that, I also had to kayak for 27km around the whole pangkor island to reach my campsite. It took me 6 hours to finish kayaking and the sea wave totally freaked me out as my kayak almost capsized. But this was the first time i actually ventured into the middle of the big blue sea and the scenery was really awesome.

Another interesting part of my camp was solo camping where every participant had to pitch a tent, cook, sleep in the jungle for one night all by yourself. I got so bored during solo camping, so i started murdering all the ants around my tent with candle wax XD And i spent almost 1 hour trying to start a fire!

Frankly speaking, I felt like giving up during the hiking part, but then no words could describe the satisfaction after completing everything. I kept telling myself that after all this pain, I'm gonna go home. I've learnt more about myself after this camp. It wasnt a test of your physical strength, it was a test of your willpower and mental strength. If your mind tells you that you can go on, you'll definitely make it till the end.

P.S. Just when i thought i'll never need to attend OBS again, my friend told me that all future Bank Negara staffs will have to go through a 25-day course. FML. hahahaha.





No comments:

Post a Comment